9.29.2008

Dickens lika do da cha cha

"A solemn consideration, when I enter a great city by night, that every one of those darkly clustered houses encloses its own secret; that every room in every one of them encloses its own secret; that every beating heart in the hundreds of thousands of breasts there, is, in some of its imaginings, a secret to the heart nearest it!" - A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens

I read this quote from Dickens, and just thought about how often I have felt (and been) alone in my short life and the incredible number of people living lives hidden from each other to share and enjoy. Perhaps living in this house has opened my eyes to see what a tragedy this is when we aren't connected to each other. It is an unbelievable gift to be here with 9 people that desire to share my life and their lives with me. After just two months, I can't imagine going back to living without this family. I feel supported and celebrated in a way that is genuine and it has helped show me that I am those things. We are all meant for those things. This home is the exception, but it doesn't have to be.

I am so thankful to each of you that live here. You have helped change my life. I am blessed. You all have chosen to pursue my heart and know me - the good and the broken - and I hope that those who have seen it, are inspired to do the same for others like I have been.

Sorry to ruin the moment here, but I wanted to explain the title - you have to have seen Bruce Almighty (great flick, check it out). Anyway, so I was in class distracting other students the other day and just decided that everything "lika da cha cha" and it was hilarious like all my jokes. So I decided to continue such humorousness in this here blog. That's how the cookie crumbles.

No comments: