10.08.2008

SITHU

(Stuff In The House Update)

Pete stepped in poop! (it could be Kiley's because it was outside, but we've also learned that Jeff sometimes pees in the yard in the middle of the night, so I don't think we can close this case just yet). Brittney is off to London on adventures with Chris Martin, David Bowie, and Hugh Grant for a few weeks. Katrina got a job working for Doctor's Care... she has been volunteering there regularly for awhile and they offered her a job this week! The patio is still half dirt... I mean... the patio is already half laid brick. The Strong Cucumbers are 4-1 and looking stronger and cucumber-er everyday. Kelley turned 22 last week... which means he has no more excuses for immaturity, he's an adult (sad). Jefe was given a 1984 Cadillac DeVille Limo. What can I even say about that? He's getting a 1984 limo. Thanks Emily and Brian Bassett! Drool just came out of my mouth... literally... that has nothing to do with the limo (or Emily and Brian)

So we live about a mile south of 1-70 on Josephine and right on that exit is the Purina dog food plant. And the power of it's stench is immense. We can smell it sometimes in our backyard. On my drive home today, I could taste the smell. One of these days, I will hurl. If it didn't provide jobs, I think I'd ask you to protest with me (although for the health of your dog, I recommend doing some research on better dog food brands... who's a dork? This guy)

We are participating in another playground build on Thursday October 16th for a refugee community. If you're interested in helping, please email the house (thehousedenver@gmail.com - ps if you want to email us about anything else, feel free). I think it's early in the morning at 8 or 9 and probably goes into mid-afternoon. It's an awesome opportunity to come hang out with refugees and some of us from the house.

This Friday we are going to give platelets at the Children's Hospital. I've never given blood or platelets or anything so I'm pretty excited to do this. This describes what platelets are and how important it is we all help.

Apheresis Platelet Donations

Children with cancer or leukemia, transplant patients and patients with blood disorders, such as aplastic anemia, benefit from apheresis blood products. Many times during chemotherapy and radiation treatment, both cancer cells and healthy cells are destroyed, therefore patients need transfusions to prevent hemorrahging or to fight infection. A limited number of donors may be necessary for a specific patient.

childrenshospital.org

Children's Hospital has platelet donations every two weeks, so we're hoping that we can set something up in the next month so a lot of you guys to come with us.

For all the thousands of guys reading this, go watch the movie Legends of the Fall, it will change your life. Girls, uh... uhh... Guys, seriously rent... no... buy Legends of the Fall this weekend.

Jeff wrote this poem tonight while I was working on this and I'd like to share it with you

There once was a man named Kelley
He wrote a blog from deep down in his belly
You should read it tonight
I think you just might
Or else you'll just be smelly

"That is legit shit (laughing). You should put that in there too" - Jeff

No comments: