12.03.2008

Just the Meat and Potatoes (:AMENDED:)

A parent lee (read it fast) you guys actually do read this thing because people keep begging me (seriously on their hands and knees... it's kind of sad really how much they hang on every word) to write something on this here bloog (pronounced blue-g, it's like a British accent thing - Fu! British. Score). So here you go

So, what's been going on in the house you ask... funny you should ask... I thought you'd never ask...

Well, to be honest, we're just livin' life. A lot of us continue to struggle with things personally and as a house. We are learning healthy ways of dealing with conflict and wounds and communication and expectations. There appears to be some healing taking place in the last couple weeks from some of the disconnection we've been experiencing. I think we're learning a lot about ourselves - in the ways we love and receive love; in the ways we regenerate and the importance of that; what motivates us; what inhibits us... Every day, I think each of us would admit we learn something new about relating to one another and living a life gooped and gobbed in this complex thing called love.

We had Housegiving on Sunday with almost all of us - the food was swell and the company delicious. There was a lot of singing... but that isn't anything new. Kiley got some new toys and pushes them with her nose to make them squeak. Katie, Lindsey, Jeff, with the help of our new friend Hayley and others put up Christmas decorations. Jeff got his horn for the Limo. The House Favorite might have done dishes in a thong, socks and a badass "do-rag" as some call it. Pete, Jeff, Chaz, and I all took part in No-Shave November - here's the wrap-up... Pete has grown his out since the middle of Nov and will until he has a show with his eighties band where he has promised me to leave a mustache (just play along and tell him it's sexy)... Chaz has a nice, rich beard that makes him look, well, exactly like his overall persona of outdoorsy, rich, intelligent, mature, and humble badassness... Jeff had the longest beard, but had to shave it to look presentable at a friend's wedding... ***My bushel grew for about 10 days and it was gross. I was in class thinking how horribly bad I wanted to go to Target, buy a razor and cream and go shave in a bathroom on campus. Brit works at a drive-through Starbucks and the other day a woman ordered "a large and small Starbucks" - obviously the woman was confused. Pete's dad came to visit a couple weeks ago and we all learned why Pete is who he is. Both are incredibly intelligent and scientific and numbers and methods and figures and equations... it was like the twilight zone. The house has a soccer team that plays about once a week and we had our first couple games the last two weeks. We got dominated, but we're all winners... seriously, we are... we are. We have two games this weekend... don't be shy, come watch us play!

More on Leonardo DiCaprio - he really is a good actor now. No joke.

Speaking of the word "joke", the other day a friend was asking me about how the house operates... you know, who cooks and who shops for food and who organizes money and such... and of course I told them. My name never came up. So this person asked me what I do in the house. After a good pause, I said, "Make jokes." It was funny because it was true, it's all I do around here. To me and the people there anyway. The point of all this is just to say that when you can't meet the standards of those who misunderstand you, just smile and pat 'em on the back. You should be writing this stuff down.

The title of this blog entry is dedicated to my pals, my good-buddies, my compatriots, Pete and Jeff.

2 comments:

Jeff Gayle said...

Kel - You never told us how you did in no shave november. I think we need a blog amendment.

Unknown said...

Kelley's beard, I would say, looks the best out of all the guys. :) Love you Kel, and you definitley are the "House Favorite".